Welcome to our educational page. We understand that there are a large number of ‘industry’ terms on this website that may not make sense to everyone at first glance.
If this is you, don’t worry. You will learn more as time goes on and we would like to help decrease this learning curve by offering some suggestions for blogs and books you should check out.
Let’s start with blogs because that’s what you are currently reading so let’s begin with that.
Obviously we are the author’s of the DRC website so we want to give ourselves a ‘innocent’ promotion, so if you haven’t already – check out our blogs, as seen below.
Brett Steenbarger @steenbab
One of the most prolific bloggers in the trading community via his renowned TraderFeed blog. From trading psychology to market structure analysis, @steenbab is a must-follow for any market participant.
Joe Fahmy @jfahmy
Combines growth and catalysts along with the price action. I don’t think there’s been a post of his I haven’t retweeted. I absolutely love when he does his Weekend Video segments, providing some insight into what he sees in the market and how he’s approaching things. Another must-follow.
David Blair @crosshairtrader
Systemically follows the price action in the market and individual stocks through his self-developed process. He’s constantly tweeting out charts that he’s watching or that have triggered a proprietary trading signal. Embodies the need for simplicity in trading.
Hands down, some of the best short-term traders I know. They’re a proprietary trading firm in NYC. Their trading blog is one of the most valuable places to gain insight into how a professional trader thinks and acts (I’ve actually contributed to their blog as well: http://www.smbtraining.com/blog/author/jhuska). Even if you’re not a short-term trader, their philosophy of elite performance is applicable to any developing trader. SMB contributors (and co-founders) include @sspencer_smb @MikeBellafiore.
- Technical Analysis of Stock Trends
- Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, Second Edition
- Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing
- Options As a Strategic Investment
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street: The Time Tested Strategy for Successful Investing
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
- The New Market Wizards: Conversations with America’s Top Traders
- Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics
- How We Trade Options: Building Wealth, Creating Income, and Reducing Risk
- Keene on the Market: Trade to Win Using Unusual Options Activity, Volatility, and Earnings
- The Commitments of Traders Bible: How to Profit From Insider Market Intelligence
- Trade Stocks & Commodities With the Insiders: Secrets of the COT Report
- Backstage Wall Street: An Insider’s Guide to Knowing Who to Trust, Who to Run From, and How to Maximize Your Investments
- The Mental Edge in Trading: Adapt Your Personality Traits and Control Your Emotion to Make Smarter Investments
- Pioneering Portfolio Management: An Unconventional Approach to Institutional Investment
As time goes on, this page will continue to grow so come back and check on it every so often to get the latest in terms of recommended educational resources